Devlog #18-22 , MAJOR game design change, First Ui versions, Industry update ( enum, type, upgrade restructuring)

 Summarizing, from the github history. Major changes, and the first time the Ui was introduced after the lists 

Major game design change for UI and game graphics, Industry Major update, that applies to all other systems later.

basically this was the first months of development.



So for testing purposes, and not to onyl test it inside the inspector constantly, I started working on simple Ui. After lots of frustration that I have spent triyng to handle Ui Toolkit from unity...

I have had so much frustration with the editor, then i noticed there was a code down, that you could change, then i realized it could be done in the IDE. so that was the God send.

I gave up and started working on it in code as before I have worked in html.

The design itself wasn't yet clear in my head, but I have worked before on saas for school project, like a Gradebook(?) for school, in Serbia, which was done as Saas style. So then it hit me, wait, I should actually do the complete game in Saas style.. That also removed basically all the need for 2d 3d etc, and allowed me to focus on game design instead. 

So then I started building it, the first page, classic sidebar with top bar and all the cash and info. It looked really good, untill i said, ok, went to gemini and said, ok, what do you think, and could you make this better, more visually professional? but keep the same data and everything. Then , it blew my mind. I realized that I should do the draft version with the data, and let Ai improve it and then connect it to my system in unity.

Unfortunately, I don't have previous screenshots, but I have some..
Here is example, logistics tab: mine



Not bad right? i mean, I waw like ok, sure.....

Check this out:



See? crazy..way better, ( of course there was more stuff added like edit, upgrade etc, my version was the first one i have had) and also it was painful to get the visuals constant and by my design but yeah.

So yeah, then I said ok, obviously I can save so much time and focus on buidling a good system, and let Gemini/claude later, handle the Ui... So then I started focusing more on good design and this saved me much time in the future. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Industry Update: Major changes here as well. The main imporrtant thing was introduced, which was the size Enum Type, but now for each building. So later it will be implemented in stores, offices( that will be later introduced) ..

basically how it works, instead of industry having +1 size upgrade, which then calculates the max workers based upon the simple size, and incremental value of unlimited sizes could be 10,20? I have introduced the tier System, wich has predetermined sizes, with all parameters.

So for example, lets say we have an industry that has 10 workers, then, the upgrade could be size 2 , which could say , 

maxWorkers = industrySize * 10;

now we know that the industry one has 10 workers, now if the insdustry size is 2, then its 

maxWorkers = 20 ( industrysize(2) * 10 ) 

but this is linear its ok.. what i thought was much better because of all hte other necessary data we would need, like upkeep, is it also linear? also workers, always increases by 10? 

That is why this was a major change, basically, we have small industry, medium industry, regional industry etc, and in this way we can say, small industry max workers =10, medium industry max workers. =30 

upkeep could be for industry 1 = for example 50$
for industry 2 is 150 , or 200

so this way we hard code the values, and then we just use it as a reference to what we will calculate the expenses with. Same way the name is also changed, and the tier, which is a class of the industry basically.

from the actual updated version: "

public enum IndustryType
{
    LocalWorkshop,
    SmallFactory,
    MediumFactory,
    LargeFactory,
    MegaFactory,
    IndustrialComplex,
}

Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devlog #47 - TaxSystem/FinanceSystem ,Update-FIx -LoanFixes-- TruckSystem Update - Upgrade/BuyNEwTruck - Costs Prices introduced / OfficeSystem CreateNewOffice, upgrade office - other Fixes

Devlog #46 - HubSystem - CreatNewHub added, HubBuild Ui + INdustrySystem Update - -INdustryTierData to be combined with the IndustryData and IndustryState struct -

Devlog #49-50 - Asset System-NEW system, *Game Design* -construction costs update - LoanSystem- fix-redesign-upgrade,Bug fixes-storeSystem,AutoAdvance Day, Market system, Truck System cost redesign, refactored, Ui bug fixes